- 1¼ cups lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cups bread flour
- ½ cup milk powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a standing mixer with the kneading hook attachment, add the ingredients in the order as written.
- Mix on low until combined. Knead on medium for 5 minutes or until smooth. Transfer the dough into a greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic film, and let rest on the kitchen counter for 1 hour.
- Lightly knead the dough and divide: monay and pinagong into 4-ounce portions, putok into 2-ounce pieces.
- Shape into rounds, flatten slightly, and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. If you want dense hard-shelled buns, make star cuts on top of putok, a deep slash right down the middle of monay, and 4 quarter-inch deep slashes on pinagong rounds.
- Immediately bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- If a softer bread is desired, let the buns rest for half an hour, covered with plastic film, before baking.
- I don’t recommend letting the buns rise for an hour because they will be too fluffy and won’t have the right texture.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Cheesy Corned Beef Omelet
https://youtu.be/a2ZjGmMHzDw Ingredients: 1 serving corned beef4 cloves garlic, minced½ medium onion, minced1 large potato, cut into cubes4 ...read more
Pinoy Halo Halo Recipe
Ingredients 1 ripe large banana2 ripe mangoes1 cup firm gelatin set into gel and cut into ...read more
Chicken Pizza Recipe
Ingredients 400 g chicken breast fillet ( 4 pcs)2 Tbsp butter½ tsp garlic, chopped½ tsp oregano¼ ...read more
Roasted Garlic Potato Soup Recipe
Ingredients 1 head of garlic1¾ pounds (about 3-4 medium potatoes), peeled + boiled¼ cup salted butter¼ ...read more