How to Make Banana Leche Flan
1 can (15 oz) evaporated milk
1 can (14oz) condensed milk
6 egg yolks
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon powder
pinch of salt
calamansi peels, from 5 pcs calamansi
3 molds (llanera) with 2 tbsp brown sugar dissolved in 2 tbsp water each
1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Transfer egg yolks to a mixing bowl.
2. Beat the egg yolks.
3. Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, salt, and calamansi peels. Mix well. (Calamansi peels were added to remove the stench from the egg yolks and to give the leche flan with a bit of citrusy flavor.)
4. Before proceeding to the next step, filter out the calamansi peels using a strainer.
5. Add the mashed banana. Mix well then set aside.
6. In low fire, heat the mold (llanera) with sugar and water mixture until it boils and thickens.
7. Gently pour the leche flan mixture on top of the caramelized sugar in each mold.
8. Cover each mold with aluminum foil then arrange properly in the steamer.
9. Steam for about 30 minutes. You can tell that it is cooked when you insert a toothpick then it comes out clean.
10. Transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy your banana leche flan!
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Mango Graham Shake
https://youtu.be/6q8oJ7UB61U Ingredients: 1 pc ripe mango1 1/2 cups crushed grahams3 tbsp mango-flavored condensed milk1 tbsp sugar2 tbsp ...read more
How to Make Cheese Pastillas
https://youtu.be/tqwINqEnEUo Ingredients: 1 cup powdered milk1/2 cup condensed milk2 tbsp grated cheese1 tbsp white sugarpowdered sugar, for ...read more
How to Make Pastillas (Using Bearbrand)
https://youtu.be/LYMc24428fc Ingredients 1 cup powdered milk⅓ cup condensed milk¼ cup sugar Instructions Combine the powdered milk and the condensed ...read more
How to Make Choco Jelly Samalamig
https://youtu.be/LaIPcNkz49Y Ingredients For the choco jelly:1 tsp gelatin powder (clear)3 tbsp sugar¼ cup Milo powder1 tbsp cocoa ...read more