- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup dried tapioca pearls
- 2-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 10 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe saba (plantain) bananas, sliced into rounds
- 5 fresh or canned jackfruit, cut into strips
- Prepare Bilo-bilo (Rice Balls): Combine rice flour with 4 tbsp. water in a bowl; mix well. Form into small balls, about 1/2 in. diameter. In a pot, pour 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Drop each balls in the boiling water; cook for 5 minutes or until they float. Remove rice balls; set aside.
- Boil tapioca pearls in the same pot over medium heat until soft and translucent. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups of coconut milk and 2 cups of water; bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add cooked tapioca, sugar and cooked rice balls; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add jackfruit strips and banana rounds; cook for 5 minutes until everything is tender. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Ladle onto individual bowls; serve warm or chilled this Ginataang Bilo-Bilo.
- Serves 4.
- Source: FilipinoRecipeSite.com
- Image: http://www.provincialpaleo.com/
Easy Related Posts
How to Make Cheesy Corned Beef Omelet
https://youtu.be/a2ZjGmMHzDw Ingredients: 1 serving corned beef4 cloves garlic, minced½ medium onion, minced1 large potato, cut into cubes4 ...read more
Pinoy Halo Halo Recipe
Ingredients 1 ripe large banana2 ripe mangoes1 cup firm gelatin set into gel and cut into ...read more
How to Make Chili Garlic Oil
https://youtu.be/YOdBWh-f250 Ingredients 2 pcs whole garlic, minced5 pcs chili pepper, mincedcooking oil Instructions In a preheated pan, put about ...read more
Ingredients ¼ lb shrimp½ lb boneless chicken1 tsp garlic2 tsp cornstarch1 tbsp oyster sauce½ piece cabbage, ...read more