- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon/calamansi juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- In a heated pan or pot, pour-in the cooking oil & fry the chicken. Set aside after.
- In a heated pot or wok, put-in the butter/margarine.
- When the butter/margarine is hot enough, sauté the onions until soft in texture.
- Add-in the bay leaves and cook for a minute.
- Pour-in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Chicken Asado!
Easy Related Posts
Chicken Pizza Recipe
Ingredients 400 g chicken breast fillet ( 4 pcs)2 Tbsp butter½ tsp garlic, chopped½ tsp oregano¼ ...read more
Top 10 Chicken Recipes
Chicken Caldereta Recipe Ingredients: 1 chicken (1 kilo)1 can liver spread or1 cup lechon sauce1 small can tomato sauce3-4 pcs. ...read more
Homemade Jollibee Chicken Joy Recipe
https://youtu.be/j9tB__SL2-Y Ingredients 2 kilos chicken, your choice cutssalt and peppercooking oil for deep fryingFor the breading:1 cup ...read more
Chicken Adobo Recipe
https://youtu.be/IaOqM59bd48 Ingredients Ingredients:2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces4 tbsp. soy sauce2 tbsp. vinegar1 to 2 cups ...read more