Chocolate Cake is one of the best cake in the world! Did you know that you do not need an oven to bake one. All you need is a Rice Cooker!
- 250g Cake Flour
- 250g dark brown sugar
- 120g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 – 250g unsalted butter (melted and in room temp)
- (Extra note: some viewer find adding only 200g butter is not moist enough, I believe the texture may vary from rice cookers, but you may add upto 250g of melted butter & extra 50g of sugar to moist it up more)
- 100g water / earl grey tea / milk
- 3 eggs
- 60g plain yogurt
- For the Icing
- 300g dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons syrup
- In a bowl combine baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour, mix…
- Add brown sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well…
- Add all wet ingredients…
- Mix it well. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice cooker, brush with melted butter.
- Pour the batter and level the top for even cooking.
- Start the cooking… (Please see the important notes below about cooking).
- While waiting for the cake to be cooked prepare the chocolate icing. In a bowl with boiling water below “bain marie” combine chocolate chips and syrup…
- Mix until completely melted and set aside.
- Once the cake is cooked transfer it on a plate and leave it to cool.
- Once cool pour the chocolate icing on the top..
- Spread all over the top of the cake.
Look at that! Your Done!
Cooking time is 1 hour and 30 minutes, but cooking time may vary depending on your rice cooker.
The rice cooker may switch back to “Warm” mode every 10 mins or so. What you should do is to wait a few minutes and switch it back to “Cook” mode until the cook is done.