1 1/2 kgs pork pata, cut to serving pieces
1 cup of peanut butter (add more if you so desire)
1/4 cup grounded toasted rice
1/2 cup cooked bagoong alamang (anchovies for side dish)
2 pieces onions, sliced
2 heads of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons atsuete oil
2 pieces eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
1 bundle of sitaw (string beans) cut to 2″ long
1 banana bud, cut similar to eggplant slices, blanch in boiling water
8 cups of water or pork stock
Salt to taste
1. In a stock pot, boil pata in water for an hour or until cooked. Strain and keep the stock.
2. In a big pan or wok, heat atsuete oil.
3. Sauté garlic, onions until golden brown, then add toasted rice, cooked pata and peanut butter.
4. Add water or stock and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
5. Add the eggplant, string beans, pechay and banana bud. Cook the vegetables for a few minutes – Do not overcook the vegetables.
6. Serve with bagoong (shrimp paste) on the side and hot plain rice, enjoy!