- 2 to 3 cups powdered milk
- 1 can (300 mL) condensed milk
- granulated sugar, for rolling
- paper or cellophane, cut to size
- Use dulce de leche instead of condensed milk.
- Add any sort of texture component (pinipig, shredded coconut, crushed nuts, etc.) either in the milk mixture, or as coating. Add fruit purée to the mixture for fruit-flavored pastillas de leche.
- Add an appropriate cooked vegetable purée to the mixture (eg, squash/pumpkin, taro, purple yam, etc.).
- Add any nut butter.
- Mix together condensed milk and powdered milk until the consistency of dough.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon’s worth of “dough” and roll into a log.
- Roll log in granulated sugar until coated. Repeat until all the milk mixture is done.
- Wrap each log in paper or cellophane.
Recipe Source here