Looks like Japanese desserts make a round in our Filipino taste. Aside from the fact that they are really delicious, they are also easy to bake – even with just 3 ingredients!
- 3 eggs
- 120g (4.3oz.) white chocolate
- 120g (4.3oz.) cream cheese *softened
- Preheat the oven to 170C (338F).
- Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl and melt the chocolate over a boiling water to avoid burning.
- Then add the cream cheese and melt them together.
- Then add the egg yolks and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Add 1/3 Meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well with a spatula. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well.
- Rub some oil/butter on parchment paper – in this way, the cake can slide down when it shrinks, so you can prevent the cake from cracking.
- Line the round cake pan with the parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
- Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 15 minutes, 160C (320F) for 15 minutes, then stop the heat and bake with the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
- When it is done, place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! It will slightly get hard in the fridge, so leave at room temperature for a few minutes before you serve.
- Add in some fresh fruits for toppings if desired or whipped cream.
Wow isn’t that very easy? Try it now so you can taste it yourself!