- 2 cups kalabasa (kabocha squash), pared, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups sitaw (long beans), ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/2 lb large shrimps (about 7 to 8 pieces), tendrils trimmed
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 banana chili
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- In a pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until limp. Add fish sauce and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and add chili. Bring to a gentle boil and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add long beans and continue to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes. Add shrimp and continue to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until squash is softened, long beans are tender yet crisp and shrimps have changed color. Season with salt to taste.
Recipe Source here