- 1 flank steak (anywhere from 1 to 2 pounds, depending on if you want leftovers)
- 1 cup rum
- 1 lemon, cut in half and squeezed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- Pierce steak a few times with a fork on both sides.
- Place steak and all remaining ingredients into a large ziplock bag. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- When ready to cook, turn grill on high. Remove steak and throw marinade away – don’t baste with it. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes under foil, slice thinly across thegrain and serve.