- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 quarts Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 4 oz Cool Whip
- Mini Chips Ahoy
- Chocolate Sauce
- To make the cookie, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking soda and mix until completely combined.
- Dough will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips. Press the dough into an even layer in the bottom of the cake pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool mostly in the cake pan, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookie finishes cooling, take ice cream out of freezer and allow it to soften. Place cooled cookie back into springform pan. Top cookie with ice cream and spread into an even layer.
- Place in freezer to freeze completely. Once frozen, remove cake from springform pan.
- Pipe edges with whipped cream. Fill in the top of the cake with chopped chips ahoy cookies and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Freeze until ready to serve. Thaw for about 10 minutes before ready to serve.
Recipe Source here