- 1 kl pork front leg (pata)
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp rock salt
- 3 pcs laurel leaves
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Debone and remove the meat inside then season with salt and chopped garlic, black pepper and a little bit of paprika. Wrapped in cheese cloth and tightenedwith butcher’s string. And cook the pork leg or pata in boiling water with salt and whole black peppercorn for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Then remove the cheese cloth and use the two fork to skewer all over the skin
- Place pata in a deep pan filled with cooking oil; simmer for 20 minutes on very low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Place again in cooking oil and simmer for another 10 minutes on very low heat. Then deep-fry for 5 minutes on high heat, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice into thin rounds and serve with soy vinaigrette on the side.