- 1 Kilo Whole chicken (cut into parts) or choice cuts of breasts, thighs or wings. (2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 to 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 – 2pcs. laurel (bay leaves)
- 1/2 each onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, mix the chicken pieces with the vinegar, soy sauce, onion, garlic and seasonings. Let marinate from 1-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add water, bring to a boil on the stove and lessen heat. Simmer for 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender. Add water as necessary.
- Remove chicken from sauce and pat dry. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high flame and sauté chicken pieces to brown. Remove to a plate.
- Boil down remaining sauce somewhat until thickened. Toss chicken pieces with sauce and serve up with rice.
Recipe Source here
Image Source here